Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tijauna Oscar








Have a funny story to pass on as i was in Los Angeles for a Fitness Competition and as per usual after the event i go to my favorite eating establishment...Hard Rock Cafe and of course buy a shot glass with the name of the city (which chronicles my travels). Having a full day before flying home i knew from the internet that there where other cafes in La Jolla, Newport Beach and San Diego. So the bell toll for thee as i head down the Pacific Coast Highway to have a snack and then get my glass. Well being the adventurous type and eying the prize across the US Border i had to get to the Hard Rock in Tijuana, but you cant take a car rental into Mexico so i parked it and jump onto what must of been a 1970s bus. As i look down from this piece of metal that shouldn't be on the road , i knew i made a mistake as there must of been a 10 mile lineup to get back into the States because of  Post 9-11....oh well, I'm stuck now so lets get that glass . I must say TJ is the dirtiest place Ive ever been and everything for sell from people to drugs but ignored all that and found my nirvana at the Hard Rock and had a small meal,

got my glass and got the heck out of Dodge. Well by the time the bus got through the US Border (searched inside, under the vehicle) processed all the passengers, etc, as you can imagine i am running late to get to LAX, also as with most large airports the car rentals are off site so again more time lost. So by the time i get to the Air Canada ticket counter I'm too late, but the lady looks up and saw me holding my award from the fitness show and blurted out, "you've won Canada an Oscar"! So at first i wasn't sure what she was talking about but then clued in and sheepishly replied.....yes, yes a proud day for all Canadians (lol)  So before i could unwrap the trophy to show it all and explain what it really was, the AC Rep gave me a free hotel, meals and transfers all because of my Tijuana Oscar. So this
shot glass might be small people, but carries a big story.


No comments:

Post a Comment